Full program with private condos and luxury house options – Passover Program in Charleston, South Carolina
In 2021, Bruce Backman’s Pesach In The Southeast will take place at the beautiful Wild Dunes Resort, a beach resort unlike any other. Nestled on the northern tip of Isle of Palms, a lush barrier island off the coast of South Carolina, Wild Dunes Resort is located less than 30 minutes from the charm and grace of historic Charleston. The Resort occupies 1,600 acres of oceanfront paradise with a variety of accommodations ranging from the AAA Four-Diamond Rated Boardwalk Inn and The Village at Wild Dunes to private condos and luxury home vacation rentals. Offering a year-round menu of championship golf, nationally-ranked tennis, award-winning recreation, spa services and restaurant options, Wild Dunes Resort has been distinguished by many publications and associations as a top destination for families, golfers, and tennis lovers.
- 17 Har-Tru Tennis Courts
- 36 holes of signature golf courses designed by Tom Fazio*
- 7 Heated Pools
- Daily separate swimming hours in the evenings.
- Two miles of sandy ocean beach
- Children’s playground
- Bike rentals*
- Jogging & walking trails
- Brand new full service spa*
- State of the art fitness center
- Outdoor Basketball Hoop
- Jet Skiing*
* Additional fees apply
- Delectable gourmet farm-to table cuisine meals
Served in Private or Semi-Private dining rooms, or:
- Delivered to your home 3-Times a day, to be enjoyed in the comfort of your own, guest room, condo or vacation home.
- Elegant takeout ready tearoom with outdoor seating.
- Chol Hamoed BBQ’s (With Takeout Available)
- Daily Brunch Buffet (With Takeout Available)
- Private Dining*
- Fully Koshered & Stocked Homes*
- Private Pesach Butlers*
- Private In-Home Chef with Bespoke Menu*
* Additional fees apply
- Exciting children’s outdoor tented day-camp
- Professional indoor nursery program for toddlers and infants
- Special teen’s programs with exciting programs and on-site adventures.
- Outdoor socially distant tented synagogue.
- Outdoor socially distant lectures and entertainment
- Fully stocked Judaic library (i.e.: Bais Medrash)
- Eruv for Shabbos
- Nightly entertainment on Chol-hamoed
- Special art workshops & hands-on activities
- Daily Housekeeping
- Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access in the public areas & guest rooms.
- Expert concierge services
- Complimentary outdoor fitness classes including classes like, Zumba, Pilates & Yoga
- Complimentary tennis clinics
- Complimentary golf clinics
- Wi-Fi hot spots in the heart of the resort.
- Intra-Resort transportation
- Guest self-parking in the heart of the Resort
- Beautification of Resort grounds and the greater Wild Dunes community
- Resort Security services 24 hours a day
- Daily newspaper delivery upon request
- 1-hour complimentary of tennis court usage (Per Bedroom-Per Day)
- One bucket of golf balls per person at Links Golf Range (Per Day)
- Valet parking at the Village Circle and Boardwalk Inn
- Access to the Business Center 24 hours a day
- Resort Security services 24 hours a day
- Complementary Beach Chairs & Umbrellas (First come first serve)
Each meal will be a deliciously unique experience. Using the finest freshest ingredients, the Wild Dunes’ award winning culinary team in collaboration with our highly regarded and seasoned chefs, will take guests on a true epicurean adventure.
From bountiful breakfast buffets featuring made-to-order omelets and crepes, to special Pesach sushi and pasta bars by lunch, to formal dinners featuring Chilean Sea Bass and Rack of Veal, complimented by the finest wines, guests will experience an unsurpassed level of taste and refinement.
This year our guests can choose to dine in their vacation home or in one of socially distanced private or semi-private dining rooms. We have created a series of safety protocols to allow guests to enjoy their holiday without compromising on service, safety or comfort.
Guests can choose to have all of their meals delivered fresh to their unit or dine in person. Guests who choose to dine in their unit will have may options include full unit koshering that will include equipping the kitchen with utensils and a fully stocked fridge.
All of our beautiful buffets will feature to-go options for those looking to eat on the beach, by the pool or as they explore the many incredible attractions the Charleston region has to offer.
Throughout the day guests are invited to stop by our elegant “To-Go Tearoom & Café”, including but not limited to, an elaborate array of the finest chocolates, snacks, candies, fruits, pastries and beverages.
And for those on special diets, we will do our best to accommodate any and all of your needs, just let us know at the time of booking.
Pesach in the Southeast is under the Strictest Rabbinical Supervision, guaranteeing its guests the highest level of standards in Kashrus:
- Glatt Kosher
- Cholov Yisroel
- Shmura Matzoh
Pesach in the Northeast is under the supervision of Rabbi Yaacov Barber, Rabbi Yacov Barber.
Rabbi Yacov Barber
Rabbi Barber born in Australia studied at Yehivat Kol Torah Jerusalem under HaRav Hagoan HaRav Shlomo Zalman Auerbach. Then at the Lubavitcher Yeshiva of Montreal under Harav Hagoan HaRav Pinchas Herschprung Chief Rabbi of Montreal and at the Central Lubavitcher Yeshiva Brooklyn New York under HaRav HaGoan HaRav Yisroel Piekarski. Rabbi Barber received Yoreh Yoreh and Yodin Yodin from Harav Piekarski and Harav Herschprung.
Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Scholar In Residence
Rabbi Simon Jacobson is the author of the best-selling book Toward a Meaningful Life, a William Morrow publication that has sold over 300,000 copies to date and has been translated into Hebrew, French, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, German, Hungarian, Czech and Croatian.
Rabbi Jacobson heads The Meaningful Life Center (www.meaningfullife.com), which bridges the secular and the spiritual, through a wide variety of live and on-line programming. The Center, which has now found its home in Downtown Manhattan, presents to people of all backgrounds, the universal teachings of Torah as a blueprint for life. MLC, called a “Spiritual Starbucks” by the NY Times, is in the process of creating a warm, soulful environment, a “third space” where men and women can commune, read, have a coffee and interact, while also offering dynamic, interactive experiences of living spirituality through a variety of ongoing programs, musical and artistic events, lectures, classes and seminars, as well as a wide array of published learning materials, books, audio and video programs. The Center is an outgrowth of Rabbi Jacobson’s popular Wednesday night class that has captured the hearts of thousands of participants over the last 25 years with its spiritual message and profound insights into the human condition.
For over 14 years Rabbi Jacobson, as Editor-in-Chief of VHH, was responsible for publishing the talks of the late Rabbi Menachem M. Schneerson, the Lubavitcher Rebbe. Beginning in 1979, he headed a team of scholars that memorized and transcribed entire talks that the Rebbe gave during the Sabbath and holidays, as writing and tape recording are not permitted on holy days. In this position, Rabbi Jacobson was privileged to work in close association with the Rebbe and published more than 1000 of the Rebbe’s talks. He also headed the research team for Sefer Halikutim – an encyclopedic collection of Chassidic thought (26 volumes, published 1977-1982).
Jacobson is one of the greatest scholars and sought after speakers in the Jewish world today. He has lectured to diverse audiences on six continents and in forty states on psycho-spiritual issues, applying Jewish thought to contemporary life, in a voice that is rooted in the timeless teachings of Torah, yet at the same time profoundly timely and relevant, unique and cutting edge. He has been interviewed on over 300 radio and TV shows, including CNN with Larry King, the Charlie Rose Show, and the CBS News Show, “The Best of Us.”
He is also the publisher of the largest Yiddish-English weekly newspaper, The Algemeiner Journal (www.algemeiner.com), filling the position of his illustrious father, esteemed journalist, Gershon Jacobson.
Rabbi Mendel Jacobson
Mendel Jacobson is the Associate Rabbi and Chief Content Officer of Soho Synagogue in New York City. Mendel is the author of the Verse on Verse poetry serial and recently developed an educational experience for the Jewish Learning Institute. The New York Post has called Mendel a “rapper-slash-poet-slash-performer” and National Geographic has been filming him for a TV special soon to be broadcast.
Mendel has lived, studied and taught in Budapest and Jerusalem. Together with his wife and son, Mendel now lives, studies and teaches in Downtown Manhattan.
Rabbi Reuven Flamer
Rabbinical Supervisor and Chasidic Instructor
Rabbi Reuven Flamer has been teaching courses in Chassidus since the early 80’s where he began in SOHO. He has taught in Palo Alto, California where he was the Chabad representative in Stanford University, White Plains, NY, and Monsey, NY.
He is also founder and director of Natural Food Certifiers, a USDA organic food certification agency. (The company also awards certification for kosher, vegan, Gluten and GMOs).
He recently founded a film studio Studio262 in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. This organization produces films that look to ignite a chain of spiritual activities.
Studio262 is also a teaching school for young Chassidic men and women looking to make a positive impact through the art of film and other creative arts.
Mrs. Shaindy Jacobson
Shaindy Jacobson is the director of JLI’s women’s studies division, The Rosh Chodesh society. Mrs. Jacobson has been involved in the field of Jewish education for over twenty five years, teaching at the Bais Rivkah Teacher’s Seminary and serving as a community liaison and counselor for Operation Survival – a substance abuse prevention program. Shaindy lectures around the world, educating women about their Jewish heritage and its practical application to their daily lives. She is also an accomplished musician and composer and frequently accompanies her lectures with song and music.
Bentzi Marcus has been on the music scene for fifteen exciting years. With his skilled guitar playing and soulful singing, he has brought a fresh and unique sound to Jewish music worldwide.
Growing up, music was always a central part of his life. From a very young age, Bentzi began playing the piano and drums and eventually picked up guitar and bass. He then went on to become a fixture on the Los Angeles music scene. In 2005, together with his brother Rabbi Shmuel Marcus, he co-founded and co-produced the now top selling Jewish rock band 8th Day.
Whether playing with his Orchestra or touring with 8th Day, Bentzi has performed throughout the United States and all over the world including places like Israel, Spain, Hawaii, Canada, Belgium, London and everywhere in betwee
We are proud to offer an exciting day camp program for children ages 3-12, as well as a special teens’ program and a professionally run nursery for children under 3.
- Professional indoor nursery program for toddlers and infants
- Exciting children’s outdoor tented day-camp
- Special outdoor tented teen’s programs with on-site adventures and activities.
- Professionally led sports and art programming for children of all ages.
- Daily temperature checks are required for all children, toddlers and infants attending day camp, nursery or teens programming as well as all staff members.
- Facemasks will be worn by camp and nursery staff at all times.
- Camp staff will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces including toys, educational supplies and sporting equipment.
- All activities will be socially distant and outdoors in spacious open-air outdoor tents.
*Please Note: Based on availability, private babysitting will be available after regular camp hours with prior arrangements. Additional fees will apply.
Relaxation and recreation abound at Wild Dunes Resort, home to a wide array of Charleston activities and attractions you’ll be delighted to find all in one place. If you’re looking for things to do in Charleston, SC, you won’t have to look hard, as unique sights, sounds, eats, and adventures await around every corner. Fill your stay with excitement, tranquility, or a bit of both, all within reach of the resort’s sprawling property.
Take it easy with a quiet walk along the serene Isle of Palms beach, or lounge by one of our sparkling resort pools. Beach and bike rentals are also available so you can make the most of our peaceful seaside setting. Keep active with 36 holes of championship golf, a round of tennis, or any of our excursions or workshops from paddleboarding to fishing, and more. Above all else, Wild Dunes Resort is a place for families. A place for flip flops, palm trees, sand castles, and beach cruisers.
Should you choose to venture off resort property, you’ll also encounter an abundance of things to do in Isle of Palms and beyond. Downtown Charleston is as historic as it is scenic. Explore the city with a carriage ride along the cobblestone streets or tour historic homes along the Battery in the South of Broad neighborhood, and architectural and historic hotspot with some of the nation’s best-preserved mansions and gardens. Other popular Charleston, SC attractions include the South Carolina Aquarium and USS Yorktown, as well as the Upper King dining and nightlife district.
(All Within Eruv)
Wild Dunes Resort offers a diverse portfolio of accommodations, ranging from intimate hotel guest rooms to expansive beachfront mansions. Each shares the Resort’s devotion to the outdoors, with expansive views, lush landscaping and convenient access to the Resort’s amenities.
When booking through Wild Dunes Resort, all guests receive access to complimentary court time, complimentary access to Resort pools, Island Adventures recreation program, fitness centers, business center, complimentary on-resort transportation, priority on golf tees and preferred rates on both courses, a dedicated pre-arrival concierge for trip planning and on-Resort charging privileges. All accommodations are located within a special eruv that will be built for our group over Pesach.
Awards and Reviews
- Wild Dunes Resort named the #10 Top Resort in the South by Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards, 2019
- “World’s Best for Family Travel” by Travel + Leisure magazine readers (2019)
- Wild Dunes Resort awarded “Best Beach Resort 2019” in the Southeast USA by the Hotel & Spa Awards
- Wild Dunes Resort ranked a “Top Southern Resort in the U.S.” by Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards (2012-2019)
- Wild Dunes Resort named one of “The 20 Best Hotels in Charleston, SC” by Money Inc. (2019)
- Open Table Diner’s Choice Award, Coastal Provisions, February 2020
- Open Table Diner’s Choice Award, Huey’s Southern Eats, August 2018
- Winner, Reader’s Choice Award by Convention South (2017)
- Wild Dunes Resort awarded TripAdvisor “Certificate of Excellence Award” (2012-2018)
- Wild Dunes Resort awarded Bronze Trip Advisor “Green Leader Award” (2013)
- The Boardwalk Inn, Four-Diamond Award by AAA (1998-2018)
- #3 Tennis Resort in the World by Tennis Resorts Online (2019)
- Top 5 Tennis Resorts in America- Smarter Travel (2017)
- Wild Dunes Resort named “#4 Tennis Resort in the World” by Tennis Resorts Online (2017)
- Wild Dunes Resort named “#3 Tennis Resort in the World” by Tennis Resorts Online (2015)
- The Links Course at Wild Dunes, Named 2017 “Course of the Year” by Charleston Golf Course Owner’s Association
- Wild Dunes Resort’s Links Course named to South Carolina’s Top 50 Golf Courses for 2018 (#35) by the South Carolina Golf Course Rating Panel
- Top 10 Best Courses in Charleston, SC- Golf Digest (2017-2018)
- Top 20 Best Courses in South Carolina- Golf Magazine (2016-2017)
- Wild Dunes Resort ranked one of the “Top 30 Courses Available for Public Play” by South Carolina Golf Course Ratings Panel (2015)
- Wild Dunes Resort named “2014 Greens of Distinction” Award from Corporate & Incentive Travel magazine (2014)
- Golfweek names Wild Dunes Resort’s Links Course one of the “Best Courses You Can Play in South Carolina” (2013)
Meetings & Weddings
- Top 7 Beach Resort in the US Perfect for Meetings, Smart Meetings (2016)
- Wild Dunes Resort named among the “Best Waterfront Wedding Venues” and “Best Venues for Intimate Weddings” in Charleston by Borrowed & Blue (2014)
Isle of Palms, SC
- Named among Best Small Beach Towns to Escape the Crowds by Travel + Leisure (2019)
- Named among South’s Best Beaches by Thrillist (2018)
- Southern Living South’s Best Awards – Named Among The South’s Best Beaches (2018)
- Isle of Palms named the Best Island for family vacations by Condé Nast Traveler (2015)
- #1 City in the US via Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards (2012-2019)
- #1 Small City in the U.S. via Conde Nast Traveler’s Reader’s Choice Awards (2016-2019)
- A Top 25 Best Town of 2017 via Outside Magazine
- Best City to Start a Business Right Now via Inc. Magazine (2017)
- #1 Friendliest City in the U.S. via Conde Nast Traveler’s Readers Choice Awards (2017)
- #27 Best Place to Live in the USA via U.S. News & World Report (2017)
- #4 Most Fun Place to Live in the U.S. via U.S. News & World Report (2016)
- Charleston ranked #1 Top City in the U.S. and CANADA by Travel + Leisure 2015 World’s Best Awards for third consecutive year (2015)